Foundation and Evolution
The Center was founded according to the “Supreme Council for Universities” decision no. 13 in Feb 23, 1998. The Main goal is to automate administrative work in the University and turn it to an electronic university. The Center was founded by the deceased Dr. Muneer Abdelrazzaq –Allah’s mercy be upon him.
The first goal of the Center is to construct a powerful information network infrastructure which connects all University institutions with each other and connects the University with the Supreme Council of Universities and the Internet in order to be the milestone upon which all the digital services would be launched which the Center provides for Al-Mansoura University, Egyptian Universities and Foreign Universities. Here are the development stages of information network made by the Center.
- In 1997, the University network began using ATM Technology
- In 2001, the Center upgraded the University network infrastructure by using the advanced Gigabit Ethernet Technology in several places inside the University.
- In 2005, the Center began to execute the project of upgrading the Infrastructure of the University information network so that the University information network was fully functioning using the Gigabit Ethernet Technology.
- In late 2005, by cooperation with the Ministry of Communications and the Supreme Council of Universities, capacity of the link between the University and the Supreme Council of Universities was increased to 34 Mb/s.
- In 2010, capacity of the link between the University and the Supreme Council of Universities was increased to 68 Mb/s.
- In 2011, capacity of the link between the University and the Supreme Council of Universities was increased to 155 Mb/s.
- Design, construction and administration of the infrastructure of computer network which covers every place pertaining to Mansoura University wherever existed inside Egypt.
- Design, construction and administration of software systems that operate in compliance to international standards in order to turn the University work activities from the traditional work to the computerized work.
- Building excellent human experience in the field of Information Technology from the University graduates who are capable of achieving the previous goals.